Crowns, or caps as they are sometimes known, from Glen Dental in Leicester are used to fix chipped teeth, restore teeth weakened by decay or contain a very large filling. They can also be used to mask unsightly issues such as discoloured or stained fillings to provide a more aesthetic smile. Additionally, if you have had root canal treatment you will need a crown to protect or cap the restored tooth, allowing you to eat and bite down on it as if it was a real tooth.
Crowns can be made from a variety of materials including porcelain bonded to metal, porcelain, ceramic, glass or a gold alloy and requires some tooth preparation to be carried out.
They are carefully crafted to look natural and blend in seamlessly with the rest of your teeth and can eliminate dark metallic lines around the gums.
- Restore your smile and the function of your teeth
- Strengthens remaining tooth structure
- Natural-looking restoration
- Expertly crafted by our laboratory technician/ceramist.
- Functions like a real tooth, so you can bite and chew as usual